Phillip Hughes RIP - Aussie Cricketer Died In Hospital

Sports ( Soccer, Cricket, Golf, Tennis ) News, Wallpapers, Events, World Records and all information related to sports people & celebrities
chandoo
Ultimate Contributor
Ultimate Contributor

Post by chandoo » Nov 27, 2014 Views: 1314

Australian cricketer Phillip Hughes has died in hospital after he was struck on the head by a short delivery during a Sheffield Shield match at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Tuesday. The 25-year-old from Macksville, on the north coast of New South Wales, was playing for South Australia against NSW when he collapsed after he was hit on the lower back of the neck by a bouncer. He was taken to hospital in a critical condition and died on Thursday.

Hughes had remained in an induced coma at St Vincent's hospital after having emergency surgery to relieve pressure on his brain. But he never regained consciousness, according to a statement from the Australian team doctor, Peter Brukner on Thursday afternoon.

All Sheffield Shield matches were cancelled after Hughes suffered the injury. Cricket Australia faces a big decision on whether to go ahead with the opening Test of the summer against India next week.

Hughes, who was days away from his 26th birthday, played Test and one-day cricket for Australia, Sheffield Shield cricket for South Australia and county cricket for Worcestershire. He made his Test debut against South Africa in 2009, making centuries in both innings of his second Test.

adamwalkner
Beginner
Beginner

Post by adamwalkner » Feb 26, 2015

So if you really want to know my thinking about Phillip Hughes RIP - Aussie Cricketer Died in Hospital, then i will tell you that it was really a very Sorrowful news for me that Aussie Cricketer Phillip Hughes Died in Hospital. He was really a great Aussie Cricketer as well as a nice Personally in real life also. I pray to God for Peace of his Soul.

Return to “Sports”