Skin Care

Health and Fitness tips. Take control on your food, diet and drinks. including discussions about weight lifting and exercise........
ar2st
Initiator
Initiator

Skin Care

Post by ar2st » Nov 20, 2007 Views: 20498

Daily Skin Care

Dry skin
Use a rich cream cleanser instead of soap and water. Avoid astringents, as they will further dry your skin. Instead, use a mild skin toner after cleansing your skin. Apply a good moisturizing lotion in the day, before sleeping, before applying make-up and after removing make-up.
Once a week, wash your face with the juice of a melon. You can give yourself a weekly facial by mixing a yolk of an egg with two tablespoons of milk and half a tablespoon of honey. Apply this on your face and leave it on for about fifteen minutes. Then wash with lukewarm water. If you're out in the sun a lot, milk mixed with melted butter helps soften the dry skin.
Lanolin, apple juice, peach juice, sour cream and crushed almonds are also helpful for dry skin.

Oily skin
You may not believe it, but oily skin actually has some advantages. As a result of excess lubrication, wrinkles do not form prematurely and skin is not much affected by wind and sunlight. However, oily skin is a magnet for dirt and grime and thus a good and regular cleansing regime is a must. If oily skin is not cleaned thoroughly and regularly, the dirt will clog the pores in the skin and blackheads will appear.
People with oily skin should wash their faces with medicated soap and water. The use of astringents is advised as they have a tightening and drying effect on the skin. Buttermilk or beaten egg whites also have a drying and tightening effect. Parsley juice mixed with honey and a few drops of lemon or ginger is good for an oily skin. This mixture controls the secretion of oil.
Fuller's earth (Multani mitti), oatmeal, almond paste, or lime juice or vinegar mixed with water are excellent cleansers. Steaming opens up the clogged pores and you can push out blackheads and whiteheads and prevent pimples.
Avoid rich fried foods and load up on green vegetables instead. Take two tablespoons of lecithin granules (a by-product of soyabeans) daily.
After washing your face, soak a towel in hot water and press it to your face. Repeat this process two or three times. Next wet the towel in ice-cold water and repeat the process two or three times to close enlarged pores.
Cucumber, parsley, cabbage, tomato, yoghurt and lemon are natural aids for an oily skin.

Combination skin
If you have an oily nose and forehead, but dry cheeks and chin, you will have to treat each area of your face separately depending on whether it is dry or oily.

TaraBradley
Sweet Member
Sweet Member

Post by TaraBradley » Aug 26, 2015

Hey, my skin is combination of both. Oily and dry both. Not like this that cheeks and chins are oily or nose and forehead are dry, sometimes they are dry and sometimes oily. It depends on the season. So suggest me anything which will help me in all seasons. For my face and my body too. :roll:

deviswolowitz
Wondering
Wondering

Post by deviswolowitz » Jul 19, 2016

Lorna Vanderhaeghe GLA Borage Oil is unrefined virgin GLA from borage oil. GLA is a "Very" Essential Fat. Essential fatty acids are good fats "essential" for optimal health. Unfortunately the North American diet is made up predominantly of bad fats from red meats and processed foods. To make matters worse when an enzyme in the body is impaired we can't make the good fats GLA, EPA or DHA. We can overcome this problem by eating fish or fish oils that contain EPA and DHA but when it comes to GLA the only way to get this important fatty acid is to take it in a nutritional supplement. @vitasave.ca

jhon_24
Just Born
Just Born

How to Take Care of Your Skin ?

Post by jhon_24 » Aug 07, 2016

The skin is the largest organ in the human body and one of the beautiful things about it is that it shows what is going on inside. The first thing to do for the skin is to make sure that you eat the right foods, drink a lot of water and also, have a good skincare regimen.

Skin type and treatments
There are five general skin types: oily, dry, normal, combination and sensitive. Sensitive skin may be combined with any one of the aforementioned types, especially with dry skin; so always make sure to go for products with the sensitive label.

Dry Skin: If your skin tends to have an old appearance, looks ashy or feels tight, then it is considered dry. In more extreme cases, dry skin lacks elasticity and can be extremely sensitive to the sun, wind, and cold temperatures. Since you have dry skin, you have to make sure that you do not expose your skin to extreme weather for long periods of time and always moisturize.
Treatment: Find a moisturizing bath soap or body wash with natural oils like almond, coconut or olive oil. Any other oil of your choice is ok if you have preference. Weekly treatments are recommended for your skin. Fill a tub with honey, milk and half a cup of any nourishing oil and add boiling hot water to the mix. Wait for it is cool to your desired temperature then soak for as long as you want; the longer the better. For ladies, make sure to exfoliate every other day and always wash your makeup off. Since you have dry skin, exfoliate gently and every two days and moisturize every morning and night before bed. For makeup, make sure to use only the ones with natural products. Such brands like Bare Minerals comes highly recommended. Try their tinted moisturizer collection.

lyndsieberesford
Just Born
Just Born

Post by lyndsieberesford » Aug 10, 2016

Instead of choosing the expensive and available moisturizer on the market, try rubbing a little sesame oil on your body after bathing. It is one of the most effective method for dry skin treatment which comes in cheap cost.

samnthayoung
Just Born
Just Born

hi,

Post by samnthayoung » Sep 01, 2016

One of the most important ways to take care of your skin is to protect it from the sun. A lifetime of sun exposure can cause wrinkles, age spots and other skin problems. also dnt use smoke otherwise your skin look older and contributes to wrinkles. Smoking narrows the tiny blood vessels in the outermost layers of skin, which decreases blood flow.

manobili
Just Born
Just Born

Re: Skin Care

Post by manobili » Apr 25, 2019

thats great tips thanks

health94
Just Born
Just Born

Post by health94 » May 06, 2019

Thanks a lot for that great tips. Because my skin have both dry and oily. So i try a lot of method to improve, but no result. After, i've read the tips that your guys sharing, i'll try that can help my skin better.

kuwar
Just Born
Just Born

Post by kuwar » Jun 18, 2019

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free

sasabottle
Just Born
Just Born

Post by sasabottle » Oct 25, 2022

Hi! What does it do if my skin is oily but it becomes very dry when I wash it with some soap? How to find balance? Is it a good idea to find moisturizer?
I want to start my little transformation now because I haven’t been caring about my skin and my looks in general at all because of depression. Now I want to change that and get proper skincare and otoplasty Denver to make my ears look not so weird. I want to build a better version of myself and never return to the old one because it’s already dead.
So, what beauty products can you suggest to make my skin quality significantly better?

Return to “Health & Fitness”