Our neighbour betrayed us: Amitabh Bachchan

Spicy news and gossips point from around the world of hollywood, bollywood and other showbiz news from all around
ar
Ultimate Contributor
Ultimate Contributor

Our neighbour betrayed us: Amitabh Bachchan

Post by ar » Apr 26, 2007 Views: 12571

by Subhash K Jha

Days before the Bachchans are to officially release the wedding photographs, and hours after the Abhi-Ash wedding, the pictures were on the net.

Says the Big B angrily, "That's because some of the people who came to the wedding surreptitiously took photographs with their mobile cameras and disgracefully put them on the net. In fact I've caught out the person who has taken the photographs.

He's my neighbour. I've had a very serious talk with him. He has apologized profusely. He says he wasn't giving it to the press. While he was sending the pictures to his sister in the US they got intercepted on the net."

That's a bit hard to believe.

"I don't believe it. But I'd like to. He's my neighbour. And I can't believe your neighbour could be guilty of such an act of betrayal. Anyway we will give photographs to the media officially."

About reports in the media concerning potential invitees being left out of the wedding, the Big B is very categorical. "I don't think sections of the media has the right to dictate to me about how to conduct my life and how to deal with my family and social obligations.

My family's privacy is very important to me. And I'll protect it with my dying breath. No one can dictate to me about how I should conduct my life, or my son's wedding. We took all the relevant permissions from the civic authorities.

They wanted a full guest list, the ceremonies, everything. We gave them all the details.

We made the shamianas air-conditioned and sound proof for the comfort of the guests and so that people outside wouldn't get disturbed. We had no fireworks to avoid sound pollution.

Subhash, we've done everything to make sure no one is offended in any way. If bitter comments are still being made about us in in the media in spite of our best intentions, then what can I say?"

As a celebrity the Big B agrees he's prone to be the cynosure of extra attention. "And I cannot deny the attention which comes with the VIP label. The media is free to do what it wants.

But you can't block my car when I'm taking my new daughter-in-law home after the wedding. Why spoil the most important moment in my the my son and his wife's life?"

Having said this, the Big B adds, "I know the media was only doing its job. And I sincerely apologized to anyone who was hurt on our account. I've no malice towards the media. Maybe in their excitement some excesses happened."

At the moment the entire family, the new Bahu included, are enjoying the time together at the Bachchan residence Jalsa.

"But I know this bliss is short-lived. I wish I could spend more time with Aishwarya. But we all have to get back to work soon. But the family is feeling so much happier."

As for those who were unfortunately left out of the guest list the Big B has this to say. "We had two kinds of cards made for the wedding.

One was the wedding card and the other is the information card which will go to all our friends.

It informs about the wedding with a shagun and mithai and asks everyone to bless the couple.

We've sent this card to everyone, in the film industry, the political circles because of Amar Singhji and Jaya, and whoever has been a part of our lives. Even after all this if some people choose to be hurt what can we say?"

Courtesy: Santabanta.com

Return to “Hollywood, Bollywood Gossips - Celebrities Xposed”