How to Lower Uric Acid

Health and Fitness tips. Take control on your food, diet and drinks. including discussions about weight lifting and exercise........
ayesha.rashid
Fan of Fun Stuff
Fan of Fun Stuff

How to Lower Uric Acid

Post by ayesha.rashid » Jul 05, 2012 Views: 10189

How to Lower Uric Acid

How to Lower Uric Acid – A Checklist

Since uric acid derives from purines, and purine growth is very much dictated by diet, start by eating right. Cut out high uric acid foods, and get an idea of which foods are good for you and which foods will translate to uric acid build up.
Identify those special foods that actually help reduce uric acid, and make a point of adding them to your diet. These uric acid lowering foods include baking soda, which isn’t technically a food, but all are readily available.
Drink plenty of water. And drink it regularly throughout the day. Two or three liters per day, more if you are hot or sweating a lot.
Slim down. Being overweight can mean higher purine and uric acid levels. Slowly lose weight (don’t crash diet), and once you reach your target don’t regain it.
Drink less alcohol. Alcohol increases uric acid production. Quitting altogether is OK, too. Beer is especially bad in this regard. If you must drink, try to drink wine instead.
Reduce caffeine consumption. That may mean less coffee, tea and cola drinks. Too much caffeine increases uric acid production as well.
Avoid fried foods. You know they’re pretty bad for you, anyway – and your body will never miss them.
Eat less red meat and poultry. That’s covered in #1 above, but it’s pretty basic to controlling purine and uric acid levels.
Drink black cherry concentrate. It’s available everywhere, and effective in controlling uric acid crystals.
Don’t over exercise. Strenuous workouts increase uric acid concentrations (perhaps because of dehydration). Your body recovers from this fluctuation, but excessive workouts may not give it the chance.
Try taking L-carnitine supplements. There is research that suggest these may be helpful in reducing uric acid, especially for those who work out frequently.
Smile and get plenty of rest. Stress can certainly increase the problems with gout, as can lack of rest. By reducing stress, keeping a happy outlook, and getting plenty of sleep, you can help lower uric acid levels.

So, if you were wondering how to lower uric acid, the above is a simple checklist. If you need additional help, you can always consult your doctor. In fact, you should consult your doctor. He may recommend a prescription, as there are many drugs that help reduce uric acid levels. However, I personally recommend trying natural methods first (unless, of course, you are already suffering from gout and need quick help).

JenifferLor
Beginner
Beginner

Post by JenifferLor » Nov 07, 2012

It seems to be helpful tips, but Is it necessary to lower uric acid and upto what extent?

shobhituva
Wondering
Wondering

Re: How to Lower Uric Acid

Post by shobhituva » Jun 14, 2016

Hi,

I could not find out L-carnitine supplements. Could you tell me from where I can buy this supplements.. I neither find it on any store nor on Amazon.. I really need it since I suffering from increased Uric acid problem..Please tell me...

Return to “Health & Fitness”