Most Effective Fat Burning Foods

Health and Fitness tips. Take control on your food, diet and drinks. including discussions about weight lifting and exercise........
vicked.vicky
Ultimate Contributor
Ultimate Contributor

Post by vicked.vicky » Mar 08, 2010 Views: 10848

The most effective fat burning food. They might not be as yummy as Twinkies, but then again, neither are love handles.

1. Almonds (no salt):

Almonds contain protein, calcium, vitamin E, and monounsaturated fat. Monounsaturated fat is a good fat that your body needs and can help regulate your cholesterol. Another benefit of Almonds is they are an appetite suppressant that will keep you from overindulging on all of the other junk in your cabinets. Replace potato chips and Doritos with Almonds and you can put a big positive where there was once a negative.

2. Coffee (black)

I used to dump three packets of sugar and milk into my coffee. When I worked on the boat, I had only seconds to get dressed and get out on deck before my watch started. So I learned to drink my coffee black so I could shave a few seconds off of my morning routine. As a side effect, I made it just a little healthier. Black coffee is negative calories. It takes more energy for your body to process coffee than the drink contains. Also, the caffeine boosts your metabolism. Everything in moderation and make sure you drink enough water.

3. Cranberries

Cranberries are a fruit that is low in sugar (good news diabetics) and is ripe with antioxidants. These scavenge up the free radicals in your blood, which in a nutshell means they keep the bad stuff from piling up in your fat tissue. You can get them either as a berry, a juice, or cranberry extract pills. As a side note, they help to maintain urinary tract health, especially for women.

4. Olive Oil

Huh? An oil that’s good for you? Yes. Olive oil is loaded with monounsaturated fats. When used instead of Canola Oil or Vegetable Oil you can save yourself a good deal of bad fats and save yourself an hour on the treadmill. I personally think Olive Oil is a much better taste as well. Perhaps I spent too much time at sea and watch too much Popeye. Which brings me to my next food.

5. Spinach

Spinach will help you burn fat by boosting your metabolism. It will also help lower your cholesterol and is an excellent source of Iron and Vitamin C. Spinach also contains insoluble fiber which gives you a full feeling and will help to clean out the intestines improving their function and also shedding some weight at the same time.

6. Skim Milk

Talk about an easy way to eliminate some fat from your diet. Why not trade in that whole milk for skim milk? I was raised on skim milk and now I can’t stand the taste of regular. It has calcium and protein which will aid in fat burning. The real benefit here comes from eliminating the calories you would otherwise take in from regular milk.

7. Apples

High in fiber and for some reason which I can't understand, apples make you feel full. Keep some apples in your house to replace some fatty snacks that you would eat by the box before you feel full.

8. Carrots

One of my favorite vegetables (in the raw form only) Carrots are a fat burner that contain fiber, beta-carotene, and vitamins C, B1, and B2. I never could get used to cooked carrots, but then again, the raw ones are better for you anyway. Keep a bag of Baby Carrots in your fridge for both meals and snacks.

9. Cayenne Pepper

That burning feeling isn't just coming from your stomach. Cayenne Pepper boosts your bodies thermogenic processes. It simply makes you hotter. That heat is coming from your energy stores i.e. your fat. If you have no taste for spicy food, then try Cayenne pills. This will eliminate the taste while you keep the benefit. Timing is everything of course. I once took three Cayenne Pepper pills before jogging three miles. To say my entire body felt like the surface of the sun would be an understatement.

None of these are a replacement for exercise. As usual, a consistent but modest exercise routine is key. But these foods will all help you to look better and have more energy to enjoy life. Since I began to workout and watch what I eat, I find myself back down to a sensible 195 lbs. I could still stand to lose a few, but I feel much better about myself and I have the energy to get out of bed in the morning.

Vicked Vicky

ujala
Ultimate Contributor
Ultimate Contributor

Post by ujala » Mar 08, 2010

Post of the day dear ......very useful

laiq.shahid
Ultimate Contributor
Ultimate Contributor

Post by laiq.shahid » Mar 08, 2010

Very Very Very useful Information

Thanks Dear

Mudassir
Ultimate Contributor
Ultimate Contributor

Post by Mudassir » Mar 09, 2010

NICE POST DEAR

charlegr
Just Born
Just Born

Nice Post

Post by charlegr » Feb 03, 2014

Thanks for posting..

teginder81
Just Born
Just Born

Post by teginder81 » Feb 07, 2014

Foods don't burn fat, people burn fat!

Apparently celery takes more calories to eat, than it provides - but then you have to eat celery, and it is not the greatest exercise in the world!

The fact that people are still coming up with high carb diets and low carb diets and high protein diets and low protein diets, and god knows what else.... just seems to prove there is no magic solution. Eat healthily and with a well balanced diet of food groups and nutrients, enjoy a variety of foods in moderation, exercise well (in moderation) and enjoy life!

andymark25415
Wondering
Wondering

Post by andymark25415 » Feb 10, 2014

very informative sharing thanx

David147
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

Post by David147 » Apr 17, 2015

Its very useful and informative post. Thanks for sharing.

David147
Loyal Member
Loyal Member

Post by David147 » Jul 02, 2015

Very informative, thanks for sharing.

Return to “Health & Fitness”