Google Calendar Sync Application

IT, Science & Technology, Space sciences News and other related news
Ahmad
The Super Geek
The Super Geek

Google Calendar Sync Application

Post by Ahmad » Mar 08, 2008 Views: 1650

Google Calendar Sync Application offering users to sync Google Calendar with Microsoft’s Outlook Calendar.

On Google’s official blog, Shirin Oskooi, Product Manager said that this move has been taken to save the users’ time to update their Outlook and Google calendar. Now users can update just one, and access any one of them to see their day’s work.

By this users can see their calendar practically from anywhere - home, office, laptop, outlook, Google etc.

However, there is a slight dark side of the news too. The new application supports only Outlook 2003 and 2007. So if you have earlier versions, it might not be helpful for you.

While syncing in process, you can choose between two options, two-way sync or one-way sync. The two-way-sync allows Google Calendar and Outlook Calendar sync with each other. While the One-way sync offers either Google Calendar to sync with Outlook Calendar or vice-versa.

marceljanssen2015
Just Born
Just Born

Google Calendar Sync service has stopped since 2014. ECO

Post by marceljanssen2015 » Jan 27, 2015

Hi,

I just came across this old blog post you made a few years back.
For many years even after your blog post people have been using Google Calendar Sync service.

Sadly this has come to an end since August 1st 2014.
And users who require such services are forced to find an alternative to this program.

I myself have been using EVO Collaborator for Outlook, also called ECO.
Because it allows me to sync my Gmail on my Android phone to my Outlook, as well as on my Apple devices. It syncs seamlessly and with little to no delay.

Id recommend you check it out, its very easy to find in Google. (not allowed to post URLs)

Return to “IT, Science & Technology News”