Microsoft Windows 8 New Features and Charms

Operating System Tips, Tricks and Hack which include Windows 10 and others, CentOS, Linux, MAC OS, iOS
chandoo
Ultimate Contributor
Ultimate Contributor

Post by chandoo » Dec 21, 2011 Views: 21766

Windows 8 is the latest Microsoft offering and will sport plenty of new features to convince you to make the switch from your current OS. Microsoft confirmed that it would be releasing a beta of the Windows 8 operating system in February next year, a month behind the rumored January launch. Here's a rundown of its main features:

Microsoft Windows 8 Metro UI:

Windows 8 will sport a brand new interface. Forget the menus, windows, frames and everything else. Now the screen only has content in a tile based format. It’s geared towards touch based hardware like tablets and smartphones but you can switch to a traditional desktop with one key press if you are using it with a keyboard and mouse.

Microsoft Windows 8 Backwards Compatibility:

Everything that runs on Windows 7 will run on Windows 8. But for that you will have to switch to a different in-built UI. The backwards compatibility will probably be available for all editions of Windows 8.

Microsoft Windows 8 Charms:

It could be viewed as a replacement to the traditional start menu bar in Windows 7 and earlier versions. It provides a quick way to access important parts of the operating system. By default, the sidebar has five charms. Search, Share (quick access to social networking sharing apps), Start (lets you return to the start screen), Devices (displays connected hardware) and settings.

Microsoft Windows 8 Security Features:

Windows 8 will be more secure than previous versions of Windows. The native Windows Defender solution will be upgraded to include protection against malware and viruses, and according to tests by security experts, it works. Login systems have been updated as well. Users can select a picture and access will be granted only if the image is tapped or touched in the right order. This combination of pictures and gestures will work alongside text passwords.

Microsoft Windows 8 Faster Boot-Times:

Windows 8 will use a fast startup mode which is a combination of traditional booting and resuming from hibernation. What that means is Windows 8 can boot-up in 8 – 9 seconds, compared to start-up times of 45 seconds to several minutes in previous versions.

Microsoft Windows 8 System Requirements:

Microsoft surprised everyone when they announced that the Windows 8 system requirements will be even lower than Windows 7. Exact minimum specs are:
  • 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
  • 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
  • 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
  • DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
  • Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch
These are only few of the features Windows 8 boasts; all in all more than 300 changes/new features have been introduced. You could always grab the developer build from the this link: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/

AndRoiDeR
Ultimate Contributor
Ultimate Contributor

Post by AndRoiDeR » Dec 21, 2011

Looks cooool ............. i will try this

max.wasim
Extreme XciteFun Lover
Extreme XciteFun Lover

Post by max.wasim » Dec 21, 2011

Nice info dude, waiting for win8
♥ Don't try to be different ,, just be good...
Bcoz now a days just being good is different enough ♥

arslan
Ultimate Contributor
Ultimate Contributor

Post by arslan » Dec 21, 2011

Bakwas Window... I Did It,,Actually Its Specially For Touch LCD Coz It Has Touch And Drag Features..Also U Can Use With Mouse But I Like 7 ..it is Best
"I haven't stop loving you,
it's just my heart has learned to live
without your love."

SUNNY

arslan
Ultimate Contributor
Ultimate Contributor

Post by arslan » Dec 21, 2011

Bakwas Window... I Did It,,Actually Its Specially For Touch LCD Coz It Has Touch And Drag Features..Also U Can Use With Mouse But I Like 7 ..it is Best
"I haven't stop loving you,
it's just my heart has learned to live
without your love."

SUNNY

chandoo
Ultimate Contributor
Ultimate Contributor

Post by chandoo » Dec 21, 2011

arslan wrote:Bakwas Window... I Did It,,Actually Its Specially For Touch LCD Coz It Has Touch And Drag Features..Also U Can Use With Mouse But I Like 7 ..it is Best
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

It didn't released yet. and you instal and check this OS. wow seems Microsoft first sends you a copy to check and tell.. quality manager...!

AndRoiDeR
Ultimate Contributor
Ultimate Contributor

chandoo wrote:
arslan wrote:Bakwas Window... I Did It,,Actually Its Specially For Touch LCD Coz It Has Touch And Drag Features..Also U Can Use With Mouse But I Like 7 ..it is Best
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

It didn't released yet. and you instal and check this OS. wow seems Microsoft first sends you a copy to check and tell.. quality manager...!
:lol: :lol:

hina_shst
Fan of Fun Stuff
Fan of Fun Stuff

Post by hina_shst » Dec 21, 2011

nice info:) but i think its quite similar to 7
thanks for sharing

AndRoiDeR
Ultimate Contributor
Ultimate Contributor

hina_shst wrote:nice info:) but i think its quite similar to 7