Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Location: Pakistan, Lahore
|Posted: Mar 07, 2007 Topic Views : 12622 Post subject: Some Reasons that Why you should wear Cotton clothing
Cotton is a natural fiber harvested from the cotton plant. This is one of the most used natural fibers and has variety of applications. Cotton materials like cotton wool, cotton rag paper etc are integral part of our life.
Many types of cotton are blended with other natural fibers, such as linen, or to add texture and strength to the fiber. Cotton can be woven or knitted. It can also be turned into Flannel, Corduroy, Muslin, and many other fabrics.
Have you ever thought of cotton clothing has lots of useful benefits :
1. COTTON is cooling, soft, and comfortable : Cotton "breathes". The cotton fiber is from the cotton plantâ€™s seedpod. The fiber is hollow in the center and, under a microscope looks like a twisted ribbon. This fiber absorbs and releases perspiration quickly, thus allowing the fabric to "breathe". Cotton can stand high temperatures and takes dyes easily. Chlorine bleach can be used to restore white garments to a clear white but this bleach may yellow chemically finished cottons or remove color in dyed cottons. Boiling and sterilizing temperatures can also be used on cotton without disintegration. Cotton can also be ironed at relatively high temperatures, stands up to abrasion and wears well.
2. It is thought to be warm in winter and cold in summer : It is a best choice to opt for cotton clothing in hot and humid weather. Also they are thought to be warm in winter, and cool in summer. Where as synthetics trap in the perspiration and can be the cause of fungus infection or rashes etc.
3. It is durable and easy to care for : You can add beauty to cottons by starching those. Cotton is inexpensive, durable, and easy to care for. To give a beauty to your cotton garments, give starching and ironing. You can buy starch sprays these days and hence the care has become easier but if you are looking for economical starching product, you can make it at home by dissolving starch in water and then concentrating the same while constantly stirring the solution.
4. It is mainly useful for people suffering from Skin problems/ asthma : Cotton is mainly very useful for the people suffering from asthma or allergies, or those who have sensitive skin prone to scratching/irritation.
5. It draws your heat away from your skin, so useful to be used in the tropical countries : Cotton is the best material which allows better circulation, which is needed for the removal and absorption of body moisture and sweat (very much useful in the tropical countries), by drawing your heat away from your skin.
6. Chemicals used for synthetics are harmful for your skin : Cottons keep you cool and more comfortable than those made of synthetic which do not absorb perspiration. Also bear in mind that the chemicals used to process and dye the synthetics go on releasing possibly harmful fumes and gases for a long time, just like a brand-new carpet would, and as our skin is porous, a lot of these toxins may find their way into our bodies, either through our respiratory or perspiration system. So to protect what we can, of this delicate planet of ours, respect, peace and love of all, use cotton.
7. It is extremely breathable : Cotton wears well and is extremely breathable, unlike synthetic; that emits static electricity, prematurely age and trap perspiration.
8. It must be used while cooking/ in the Laboratories : Only cotton overcoat should be used while you are undergoing your cooking or laboratories etc, where chances of fire hazard/ acid burns are high. Very useful factor as the synthetics tend to engrave into your skin if catch fire and consequently giving severe burn effects.