Joined: 26 Apr 2007
|Posted: Dec 10, 2007 Topic Views : 1228 Post subject: PISTA BARFI
Cooking Time : 20 mins.
Preparation Time : 10 mins.
Makes approx. 1 1/4 cups.
1 cup (100 grams) pistachios
1/2 cup (50 grams) sugar
1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
a few drops of green food colouring (optional)
1. Soak the pistachios in warm water for about 30 minutes.
2. Drain all the water, peel the pistachios and blend them to a fine paste in a food processor. Keep aside.
3. Dissolve the sugar in 1/2 cup of water and prepare a syrup of one string consistency.
4. Add the pista paste, cardamom powder and green colour and cook over a slow flame, stirring continuously till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan (approx. 5 to 7 minutes).
5. Transfer to a plate and cool slightly. Keep aside.
6. Use as required.