Home Computer & Gadgets | Automobiles | Sports | Audio Visual Entertainment | Fashion & Jewelry | Love n Dating
  Technology Art, Design & Paintings | Funny/Strange Pictures | Celebrities Xposed | Humor, Jokes, Riddles | Astrology
  Mobile Health & Fitness | Recipe Corner | Travel Tourism | Mobile Phone Reviews | Sms Collection | The Music Mania
Inspirational  Latest Topics   Chat   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in Search Forum

How To Write A Curriculum Vitae - CV Format Samples

Post new topic Reply to topic    Home -> Informative Zone -> Light Mood Articles
Goto Previous Topic   Goto Next Topic  
Ahmad
The Super Geek
The Super Geek

PostPosted: Oct 09, 2008   Topic Views : 1532884   Post subject: How To Write A Curriculum Vitae - CV Format Samples Reply with quote

A curriculum vitae is typically more comprehensive to some degree than a resume. This is especially true if it is to be distributed overseas to countries outside of the U.S., where employers require the inclusion of much personal and background information. A resume rarely exceeds two pages. But it's not uncommon for a curriculum vitae to be up to ten or more, especially one for a job overseas.

Curriculum Vitae Contents: In the U.S., it's unlawful discrimination for employers to deny you employment and schools to deny you an education, solely on the basis of your age (if 40 or over), race, color, creed, gender, disability, religion, marital status or number of children. Subsequently, you do not need to provide such personal information in your U.S. curriculum vitae.

In fact, it's not a good idea to provide it even voluntarily. It might make employers or schools feel uncomfortable, because of the potential discriminatory implications.

However, because the laws are different in other countries, employers or schools might legally require you to provide personal information in your curriculum vitae, such as your date and country of birth, marital status, number of children, religious affiliation and nationality.

Below is a list of elements that a curriculum vitae might include. Which you'd include depends on the purpose of your curriculum vitae, employer or school requirements, your qualifications, and the country in which you are submitting it.

For example, in your U.S. curriculum vitae, you would not include those marked by an asterisk (*). Those marked by double asterisks (**) are optional in the U.S., depending on employer or school requirements.

• Complete contact information

• Photo*

• Brief biography with personal details, such as age*, date and country
    of birth*, marital status*, number of children*, religious affiliation*, nationality*, and where you work or hold licenses

• Professional, career or research objective

• Education

• Study abroad

• Thesis or dissertation title and advisor

• Graduate fieldwork

• Awards, honors and patents

• Grants and fellowships

• Research experience

• Work experience

• Skills

• Publications and presentations

• Professional licenses and certifications

• Language skills

• Professional memberships

• Related extracurricular activities**

• Interests**

• References**

If you're not sure what you should include in your CV, contact the hiring authority or school's admissions office and ask. Below are several curriculum vitae samples that also serve as CV format examples. All are appropriate for the U.S., but employer or school requirements might differ.

Sample Curriculum Vitae One

How To Write A Curriculum Vitae  CV Format Samples

Sample Curriculum Vitae Two

Sample Curriculum Vitae Three

Sample Curriculum Vitae Four

Sample Curriculum Vitae Five

perceval90
Just Born
Just Born

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2010     Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot. This is exactly what I have been looking for quite a while. I have recently completed my graduation and spent hours trying to write cover letter and needed help. After I read your tips and advice, I had written a good CV in ten minutes.
hdblue
Just Born
Just Born

PostPosted: Feb 18, 2011     Post subject: Reply with quote

perceval90 wrote:
Thanks a lot. This is exactly what I have been looking for quite a while. I have recently completed my graduation and spent hours trying to write cover letter and needed help. After I read your tips and advice, I had written a good CV in ten minutes.

Hi.

I agreed with you. But I also have some good resume sample. I belive that will useful for all people.

Pls try to keep posting. Tks and best regards.
johanelmander457
Just Born
Just Born

PostPosted: Mar 22, 2011     Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

This topic help me a lot in developing my project. I will contribute more when I finished it.
hambim366
Just Born
Just Born

PostPosted: May 10, 2011     Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

You can find this info by using search box in the top of website with some keywords related before posting questions.
bebo
Ultimate Contributor
Ultimate Contributor

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2012     Post subject: Reply with quote

gud job
Alone Prince
Ultimate Contributor
Ultimate Contributor

PostPosted: Apr 18, 2012     Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Informative Post Bro Thanks For Sharing
dua
Ultimate Contributor
Ultimate Contributor

PostPosted: Sep 16, 2013     Post subject: Reply with quote

perfect Post No need for More help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home -> Informative Zone -> Light Mood Articles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Quick Reply
Message body:

Add smilies

Here You can
Download files

Top 5 Most Viewed Topics in Current Forum
How To Write A Curriculum Vitae - CV Format Samples
Barbie Dolls
Kaaba Bar New York - Attention Please All Muslims
Types Of Mango - King of Fruit
Red Rose For Valentine day
5 Latest Topics in this Forum
Beautiful Eyes....
Pakistan Makes Largest Human Flag Record - 2014
Helpful Tips on Managing Your Franchise Business
Informative Abbreviation
When You Sleep??

Top Favourite Posts

FinePix S2000HD Ultrazoom Camera

Dell Vostro 2510 NoteBook

Fujifilm J150 Lone Compact Camera
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | Contact us | FAQ| Friend Sites | Powered by phpBB