Garlic Restaurant of San Francisco - The Stinking Rose

Travel, Tourism, Historical Places and Buildings, Resorts, Hotels all around the world
chandoo
Ultimate Contributor
Ultimate Contributor

Post by chandoo » Apr 17, 2013 Views: 1547

Located in the Italian North Beach district of San Francisco, The Stinking Rose is probably not the best place to go on a first date, at least not if you plan on getting to first base. The garlic-centered restaurant prides itself on serving over 3,000 pounds of the pungent seasoning every month, so you can expect almost every dish served here to be literally covered in it. It does have a few garlic-free foods on its Vampire Fare menu, for those finding the herb's folklore and aroma more appealing than its taste, but if you're not a fan of the culinary treat, there's really no point in visiting.

On the other hand, if you are a garlic enthusiast, all you have to do is follow your nose and it will lead you to the door of The Stinking Rose restaurant, on Columbus Avenue. As soon as you walk in, you’re greeted by the unmistakable smell of garlic and a gallery of garlic-inspired memorabilia covering the ceiling and walls of this unique establishment. Colorful garlic characters, a mechanical miniature garlic factory and the world’s longest garlic braid featuring 2,635 bulbs of garlic are just some of the whimsical decorations you can expect to find inside The Stinking Rose.

Jessie V. Garcia
Sweet Member
Sweet Member

Post by Jessie V. Garcia » Apr 23, 2014

Its an amazing place and especially made for Garlic lovers.I like Garlic but a little bit in my daily dish and food routine.But its have all the Garlic recipes and all the things are made with Garlic.Its very good for health.I have some stomach problem.So in those days i enjoyed the Garlic soup.Its not have better taste but it my food so i bear it for a month.But this hotel and restaurant is really fascinating.

Return to “Travel Tourism”