Bright Red Salt Lake Natron in Tanzania

Travel, Tourism, Historical Places and Buildings, Resorts, Hotels all around the world
chandoo
Ultimate Contributor
Ultimate Contributor

Bright Red Salt Lake Natron in Tanzania

Post by chandoo » May 16, 2015 Views: 1515

Lake Natron is a salt lake located in northern Tanzania, near the border with Kenya. The lake water is sourced from the River Ewaso Ng’iro and mineral hot springs nearby. Depth is only about three feet. What makes it unique is the lake Natron surface looks like Mars that we imagined in fiction. Bright red with full surface cracks. The salt content in the water of the lake is the perfect habitat of Halophile, microorganisms that produce a red pigment for photosynthesis.

jammy
Fan of Fun Stuff
Fan of Fun Stuff

Post by jammy » May 16, 2015

Wow...Its just amazing all these views and images are awesome. I had explored
Pink lake but this first time while i hear about Bright Red Salt Lake. Thanks for
letting me know about this fabulous destination. I would love to explore
someday.

Kelsey55
Wondering
Wondering

Post by Kelsey55 » May 23, 2015

jammy, I must say you should explore the Lake Natron once in your life if you never went there during your traveling life. Here I want to tell you I have been explored this awesome destination few years ago. This beautiful lake is located in the Arusha Region of northern Tanzania. Camping is one of the most adventures activities to enjoy there because a lot of campgrounds are located near the lake.

jammy
Fan of Fun Stuff
Fan of Fun Stuff

Post by jammy » May 23, 2015

Kelsey55 wrote:jammy, I must say you should explore the Lake Natron once in your life if you never went there during your traveling life. Here I want to tell you I have been explored this awesome destination few years ago. This beautiful lake is located in the Arusha Region of northern Tanzania. Camping is one of the most adventures activities to enjoy there because a lot of campgrounds are located near the lake.
I would say you and chandoo had shared really detailed information about this red lake. I would definitely prefer to go there during my summer vocations. Kelsey before going there i wanna decide a comfortable accommodation. As i believe that a comfort stay make a tourists journey more joyful:). Isn't it? So let me know where you used to stay during your tour...??

Return to “Travel Tourism”