Arbi Leaves Rolls (Appetizers - Vegetarian)
* 1 tsp Ajwain
* Oil For frying
* 6 Arbi Leaves
* 180 gms Besan
* Chilli powder to taste
* Salt accirding to taste
* 3 tbsp Tamarind Juice
* A pinch of Asafoetida
* Fresh Coriander leaves
* 25 gms Ginger-Garlic Paste
* 6 gms Black Pepper Powder
* 3 gms Roasted Cumin Powder
* 3 gms Coriander Seeds, crushed
* Coconut Gratings For gamishing
1. Clean, wash and remove the stem from the colocasia leaves and crush the ribs.
2. Apply salt and tamarind juice and keep aside for minimum one hour.
3. Meanwhile make besan batter by mixing water, cumin, blackpepper and coriander powder, chopped coriander leaves, ginger-garlicpaste, salt and asafoetida. Make a smooth paste like a bread spread.
4. Take one marinated colocasia leaf, apply besan batter on oneside, keep second leaf on top of it and apply a little more besan. Nowall the three leaves together. Finish remaining 3 leaves in the samemanner.
5. Tie the rolled leaves lightly and steam for 30-45 minutes. Remove and allow them to cool down.
6. Cut the rolls into neat 1 cm thick slices.
7. Heat oil and fry the roundels till light and crisp, otherwise temper the slices with mustard seeds tempering.
Serve with raita or chutnies.
Tip: Always make sure that the potatoes are boiled well in advanceand cooled before you use them. It would be better if they can berefrigerated for a short time. This helps the starch in the potatoes tosettle down and the tikkis will not be gooey.
Chili Recipe, Soup Recipe, Chicken Recipe, Beverage Recipe, Appetizers, Salads, Cocktails, Mocktails, Desserts, Breakfast
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests