A Beach Without The Sea

Travel, Tourism, Historical Places and Buildings, Resorts, Hotels all around the world
chandoo
Ultimate Contributor
Ultimate Contributor

A Beach Without The Sea

Post by chandoo » Jul 15, 2013 Views: 3313

A Beach Without The Sea

This amazing place is located in Spain near the small town of Llanes, in the north of the country. Its main feature is that it is surrounded on all sides by hills covered with scrub and it has no exit to the sea.

The Playa de Gulpiyuri is located in about 300 feet from the Bay of Biscay, in the Atlantic Ocean. Ocean water seeps through the huge amount of underwater labyrinth of caves. Therefore, this beach is also sensitive to the ebb and flow. While lying on the beach, you wouldn’t be able to see the beautiful horizon of the ocean, but be sure that you bathe in salt water. 10 more images after the break...

Rizwan
Ultimate Contributor
Ultimate Contributor

Post by Rizwan » Jul 16, 2013

amazing
Love Is Just A Word,
Until Someone Comes Alone,
And Gives It Meaning.

My Post

dua
Ultimate Contributor
Ultimate Contributor

Post by dua » Jul 18, 2013

Beautiful Place

Jessie V. Garcia
Sweet Member
Sweet Member

Post by Jessie V. Garcia » Apr 11, 2014

I love beaches and wish to spend my all life on beaches.I saw many beaches in the world at different places but never seen such a type of beach without sea.I wish to travel to it .Its really an awesome but small beach i like it and want to travel to it.

Jimm
Sweet Member
Sweet Member

Post by Jimm » Apr 11, 2014

Such a cool place to enjoy a sunny day! Same as you Jessie V. Garcia! I love to spend time in beautiful surrounded areas and such kind of beaches and waterfalls always attract me.

Jordun
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Jordun » Apr 24, 2014

Great natural rare creation! Playa de Gulpiyuri is such a really amazing place to see. A beach in the middle of a field - but it is so popular that I'd suggest going, having a quick dip, dry off and then head off to another beach for the rest of the day. I recommend the Austrians food to all visitors it is really delicious. You need to go at high tide. You can easily swim.

Ibtesam
Wondering
Wondering

Post by Ibtesam » Apr 24, 2014

You never mentioned the name of this beautiful island. Its name is Playa de Gulpiyuri. It is round about 40 meters in length. It’s full of salted water of Cantabrian Sea. It’s a popular destination of tours.

Jimm
Sweet Member
Sweet Member

Post by Jimm » May 16, 2014

Playa de Gulpiyuri is really a unique place. Ibtesam! After reading your informative posts I wish to visit this stunning place. Let me know what time will be best to visit this.

Jordun
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Jordun » Jun 05, 2014

Ibtesam, I think you need to reread my post to find the name of the beach. I'm sure you do it. Well for you here I mention once again a name of the beach. Its name is Playa de Gulpiyuri. It is a flooded sinkhole with an inland beach located near Llanes, Spain around 100 m from the Cantabrian Sea.

Return to “Travel Tourism”