Joined: 31 Jan 2009
|Posted: Nov 23, 2012 Topic Views : 4019 Post subject: 5 Gross Items found in Food
5 Gross Items found in Food
Chicken Head In Happy Meal
This is a story of a mother, who went to a MacDonald’s with her two kids and ordered Happy meals.While they were eating the 6-year old was more interested in the slide across the street then in the chicken nuggets which he didn’t even touch.So the mother decided she would eat them.
Without actually watching what she was doing she was bringing a chicken biggest to her mouth, just when her 8-year old son yelled not to eat it.So she looked at the biggest to find that — despite the crust, it looked just like a chicken’s head.Nobody knew how it got there.The manager offered them their meal for free and two more weeks of free meals.The mother pressed charges and demanded 100,000 dollars compensation. Reference
Frog In Frozen Vegetables
In 2010,Tim Hoffman and her wife found a frog in a bag of frozen vegetables they bought from a local store.Marty Hoffman was shocked when she opened the bag and found the frog at her Grand Ledge home. The frog thawed out about as much as the vegetables had in the fridge overnight. It was near the top of the bag.
Marty and her husband, Tim, then photographed the frog and sealed up the bag. Tim then called the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s Detroit office.It wasn’t until he contacted the media a week later that word got out and the store was contacted. The Meijer grocery store where the vegetables were bought immediately issued a recall and inspected everything.
Poo Found in Ice Cream
A family accused chefs of Coogee Bay Hotel Sydney of serving poo in their ice cream. After investigation by food minister it was confirmed that frozen faecal matter had been found in a serving of chocolate gelato offered to placate pub patron Steve Whyte and his wife Jessica, who became seriously ill after eating it.Both sides accused the other of money seeking, with the Whyte’s claiming they were offered $5,000 in hush money by pub General Manager Tony Williams, while they in turn were accused of trying to negotiate up to $1 million in damages.
Mouse Baked into Bread
Stephen Forse, from Kidlington, bought the bread from a store in Bicester, in January 2009. He was shocked to find a dead mouse in his loaf of bread while making sandwiches for his children. Premier Foods, which makes the bread, was fined £16,821.14 after the firm admitted it had failed to ensure all stages of food production were protected against contamination.
Nails in Frozen Macaroni Cheese Meal
In 2008, 21-year-old Rebecca Shorten of England was admitted to hospital after she swallowed a one inch nail in her dinner. When she inspected the Tesco Value meal, which she bought for 79p, she claims she then found a further nail on her plate. ‘I was absolutely horrified when I found the nails,’ said Rebecca, who is due to get married in two weeks time. ‘I bit into something hard, then I took another bite and saw a nail in the macaroni.
‘I couldn’t believe it when I then saw another nail on the plate